Thursday 13 June 2013

Healthy Dessert- poached quince (sugar free!)


I absolutely love dessert. It is definitely my favourite part of any meal. But I always try to make my desserts healthy and sugar-free. That way I can enjoy them totally guilt free! Quince are in season at the moment and it's nice to try something different.
Ingredients:

  • 2 or 3 quince
  • 1 big heaped teaspoon of honey
  • 1 cinnamon quill
  • 1 star anise
  • 3 or 4 cloves
  • Greek honey yoghurt
  • nutmeg
Put quince, honey, cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves into a small saucepan with enough water to cover the quince plus a bit more. Bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour or until completely soft. Keep an eye on it and make sure there's always enough water in the saucepan so it doesn't boil dry. Serve with some of the syrup, a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment