Wednesday 8 May 2013

Today's Breakfast- Spinach in Eggs


This breakfast is really great at filling you up, I don't even need toast with it. Not having toast with eggs seems hard at first but you get used to it! And putting some spinach in with the eggs means you're getting greens in there as well.
Recipe:
  • 2 eggs
  • splash of almond milk
  • salt and pepper
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • a few spinach leaves, torn (I used spinach but you could use baby spinach, or kale is really good too)
  • butter or coconut oil
  • 1 tomato, roughly chopped

Whisk the eggs and almond milk with a fork until mixed. Add the salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and spinach leaves, mix. Melt a bit of butter (tastes so good with butter!) or coconut oil in a fry pan until melted and hot. Pour in the egg mixture, scatter tomato over the top. Leave it cooking until the edges look cooked and the centre is only slightly runny. I like my eggs well done so I try (try is the word as it always breaks up!) to flip it over and cook the other side. Usually in two pieces! I then cook it for a couple of minutes until cooked through. Delicious and healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment