Wednesday 10 April 2013

Healthy food and a brown kelpie

Last night I had a steak, as I was really in need of iron. I heated up some coconut oil and added lots of lemongrass (from my garden!) and crushed garlic,



once sizzling I added the steak. Meanwhile I chopped up some zucchini  cabbage and tomato and added them to the pan around the steak. I also put some coconut aminos over the veggies (kind of like soy sauce but gluten free!). Then I made a salad of cos lettuce, celery, fennel bulb, green apple and mint (again from the garden ). The dressing was flax seed oil, a cap of apple cider vinegar, juice of half a lime and a splash of coconut aminos. We have a massive pomegranate tree at work so a few of the seeds went in as well! So yum. Dessert was a few dates and mint tea- made by putting fresh mint in a cup and pouring over boiled water.



This is Chico wanting to be the driver in my housemates car- he loves going in the car!



No comments:

Post a Comment